Maturity Assessment WG
Goal of the IWG
This working group works on the criteria used to describe maturity assessment, its development and dissemination. It also has to provide some means to improve the maturity.
- Group leader(*): Gaël Blondelle (Eclipse Foundation)
- Boris Baldassari(*) (Castalia Solutions)
- Oscar Slotosch about tool qualification (Validas AG)
- Pierre Gaufillet for now (Airbus)
- Jesus Gonzalez-Barahona (Bitergia)
- Daniel Izquierdo (Bitergia)
(*) Group leader commits to make the working group progress
- 2016-01-04 Release of the new Alambic dashboard for the PolarSys maturity assessment.
- 2015-12-04 Introducing the polarsys.esf project into the maturity assessment dashboard.
- 2015-06-24 Presented the maturity assesesment at EclipseCon France 2015.
- 2015-03-04 Updated the list of projects analysed and the list of prerequisites for the maturity assessment.
- 2015-02-20 Migrated the analysis process to the new http://dashboard.eclipse.org/hudson server.
- 2015.01.20 The results of the survey have been published here.
- 2014.12.02 Please take the survey to help us better understand your needs and requirements! => http://goo.gl/forms/gwemY0DRQI
- 2014.12.01 PolarSys Maturity Assessment public conf call to present the scales used in the maturity assessment. Minutes of the meeting have been posted on the mailing list.
- 2014.11.17 PolarSys Maturity Assessment public conf call to discuss the metrics used in the maturity assessment. Minutes of the meeting have been posted on the mailing list.
- 2014.11.16 Check the proposed set of metrics for the maturity assessment on our last prototype. We'll have a public conf call the 17 Nov. to present the metrics to be used in the first version of the tool.
- 2014.11.04 Added feedback from the EclipseCon Europe presentations.
- 2014.10.29 Slides for the EclipseCon Europe quality day talk have been uploaded. Check them on the EclipseCon web site.
- 2014.10.27 Slides for the EclipseCon Europe unconference have been uploaded. Check them here.
- 2014.10.20 Meeting with Bitergia, Gaël Blondelle and Boris Baldassari. Preparing EclipseCon Europe 2014, Updated the dashboard prototype.
- 2014.10.13 Meeting with Bitergia, Gaël Blondelle and Boris Baldassari. Updated projects and metrics.
- 2014.09.25 Created a page to list projects to be analysed.
- 2014.09.11 Technical meeting with Bitergia, Gaël Blondelle and Boris Baldassari to talk about metrics availability, and architecture of the process.
- 2014.09.10 Introduced a description of rules for the rule-checking tools used in the maturity assessment.
- 2014.08.30 We submitted a talk at the EclipseCon Europe about Maturity Assessment, and were accepted. Yipee!
- 2014.08.22 Updated the architecture of the solution.
- 2014.08.05 Introduced measurement concepts used in the quality model, improved the list of metrics and the quality model.
- 2014.08.04 Updated the main quality model visualisation in the Github pages repository.
- 2014.08.02 Heavily updated recently the Github repository with the quality model description and visualisation.
- 2014.07.25 Technical meeting with Bitergia and Boris Baldassari to work on the accessibility of metrics and the global architecture.
- 2014.05.23 Technical meeting with Gaël Blondelle and Boris Baldassari: created a page for Architecting Maturity Assessment tools.
- 2013.07.08 Pages on Eclipse Quality Requirements, Model and Metrics have been updated.
- 2013.06.26 We presented our work at the Automotive Industry Working Group telco.
- 2013.06.05 We presented our quality model at the EclipseCon France 2013.
- About 50 attendees were there, feedback was generally good and people have shown a deep interest. Slides are also available on the Polarsys website.
- 2013.06.02 Created a page to define the EclipseQualityModel.
- 2013.05.17 Created a page to define what is maturity.
- Define the maturity scale we want to implement (do we choose TRL or do we invent a sort of PRL for Polarsys Readiness Level?)
- Define the different quality attributes, try them on the projects we know, and tune the topic.
- How to improve the maturity of a component
- Improve the Eclipse development process.
- Setup a functional testing environment.
- Capitalize on the OPEES studies on maturity in the context of Polarsys (see University of Valencia)
- Identify if we can reuse the prototype developed with GPM in Polarsys