Difference between revisions of "Capella/Tutorials/Extensibility/CreateAddon"
(Created page with "First steps to create a basic addon for Capella == Developement Platform == Enable Capella development In a Capella, * In the top left, click on “Open Perspective” > Sh...")
Revision as of 07:40, 10 October 2019
First steps to create a basic addon for Capella
Enable Capella development In a Capella,
- In the top left, click on “Open Perspective” > Show all > Debug, and enable activities as asked by Capella. It will enable Debug, development plugins, etc.
- Do File > New > "Plugin Project"
- In the opened editor, Manifest.mf,
- in Dependencies, add for instance org.polarsys.capella.core.model.helpers org.polarsys.capella.core.model.handler
- in Extensions, click Add, and untick ‘show only extensions point from requiring plugin’
- add 'org.eclipse.ui.commands', 'org.eclipse.ui.handlers', 'org.eclipse.ui.menus'
- if you go to plugin.xml tab, you will see similar xml sections like : https://wiki.polarsys.org/Capella/Tutorials/Extensibility/Add_Menu
- based on these extensions points, you will create a command, a menu containing the command, then a handler, which is java code done when user click the command.
- The Command1Handler in the sample, it set the name of a System Function. In this class, you can manipulate capella model elements as you want.
Test you addon in Capella as Debug
- In the Run Menu, Debug As, Eclipse Application, then it will launch a Capella in debug mode, with you new menu in it.
Deploy an addon
- Create a new "Feature Project".
- In the "Included Plugins", add the one you created
- In the "Overview" tab, you can click on "Exporting" > Export Wizard.
- In the output folder, you will have all the files necessary.
- Embed the files in a Addon/eclipse/ folder, and your users will be able to install it in a dropin folder of capella, like any other addons.
- Of course, this is a first step, then you will have to create some automatic packaging, automatic tests, using Jenkins for instance
- You can inspire from existing addons to see how it can be done.
git clone https://git.polarsys.org/r/capella/capella-filtering git clone https://git.polarsys.org/r/#/admin/projects/capella/capella-sss-transition git clone https://git.polarsys.org/r/capella/capella-requirements-vp