- 1 Release Notes
- 1.1 Capella 1.1.1
- 1.2 Capella 1.1.0
- 1.2.1 Overview
- 1.2.2 Projects migration
- 1.2.3 Embedded documentation
- 1.2.4 New features
- 184.108.40.206 New diffmerge-based UI for display of transitions results and REC/RPL updates
- 220.127.116.11 Update Connections from RECs to RPLs
- 18.104.22.168 Support of concurrent Regions in Modes and States diagrams
- 22.214.171.124 Multiple Entry, DoActivity, Exit, Effects on State/Mode / Transitions
- 126.96.36.199 Enhance the reading of Capella diagram with gradient colors
- 188.8.131.52 Enhance the reading of Capella scenario: labels and lifelines
- 184.108.40.206 Diagram toolbar "Arrange Linked Border Nodes" renamed to be more explicit for users in "Arrange Connected Ports"
- 220.127.116.11 Diff/Merge UI enhanced for better end-user experience
- 18.104.22.168 Capella 1.1.0 support multiple screens
- 22.214.171.124 Behavior inconsistency for Diagram toolbar actions "Make height and width same size" & "Apply the appearance"
- 126.96.36.199 Ability to use mouse wheel click (middle click) to move in all directions (horizontally and vertically) of a diagram
- 188.8.131.52 Alignment tools (Snap to Shape) is now available on Ports
- 184.108.40.206 Reset to default filters
- 220.127.116.11 Zoom centered according to the mouse position
- 18.104.22.168 Clickable area shall not be scaled with zoom factor to make small elements better clickable by using high zoom factors
- 22.214.171.124 User-friendly layout mode – moving ports when containers are positioned very close to each other
- 126.96.36.199 Labels of exchanges cannot be moved when clicking on the border (when the mouse icon changes to a cross)
- 188.8.131.52 Multi selection for graphical move of ports+exchanges
- 184.108.40.206 Snap back labels on edge selection
- 220.127.116.11 Allow editing of note & text
- 18.104.22.168 Format tools should be available on label selection
- 22.214.171.124 Add new Layout commands to set edges with connected ports vertical or horizontal
- 126.96.36.199 Extend the copy/paste layout in copy format, paste format/layout/style
- 188.8.131.52 Diagram export and gradients
- 184.108.40.206 Preference to show computed link between edges and its labels on edge selection or label selection
- 220.127.116.11 More friendly shortcut for "reset origin": Ctrl+HOME
- 18.104.22.168 Global Capella performance enhancement when refreshing diagrams
- 1.3 Capella 1.0.3
- 1.4 Capella 1.0.2
- 1.5 Capella 1.0.1
- 1.6 Capella 1.0.0
- 1.6.1 Overview
- 1.6.2 Projects migration
- 1.6.3 Embedded documentation
- 1.6.4 Suffix management and renaming propagation
- 1.6.5 Compliancy validation rule for RPL compared to its REC & vice versa
- 1.6.6 Prevent mixing Mode/State
- 1.6.7 Activity Explorer (Overview)
- 1.6.8 Libraries cycle check
- 1.6.9 Ability to rename elements in Node list diagram elements
- 1.6.10 Color parent actor function
- 1.6.11 Progress Statuses of diagrams
- 1.6.12 Accelerator button for String Association and Type
- 1.6.13 Display value of property value
- 1.6.14 Display units on a property typed & Property information in Explorer
- 1.6.15 Context of IS Scenario refinement and EI Communication Links
- 1.6.16 Refinement of Interface Scenario does not work with Communication Links
- 1.6.17 Cannot distinguish seq message with Refinement ambiguity
- 1.6.18 Logical Component Decomposition Wizard improvements
- 1.6.19 Consolidate model validation on Component and Data
- 1.6.20 Resizing enhancement
- 1.6.21 Arrange Linked Bordered nodes (edge/ports)
- 1.6.22 On tool creation specify the element selected (edition/D&D)
- 1.6.23 Label position on edge movement
- 1.6.24 New edge+ports moving feature (Shortcut "F3")
- 1.6.25 Fix vertical edge creation
- 1.6.26 Alignment to inner elements (Shortcut "F4")
- 1.6.27 Hidden border
- 1.6.28 New border line style for nodes and new font style for labels
- 1.6.29 Anchor on inner element border
- 1.6.30 XHTML Model Output
- 1.6.31 Transition System to SubSystem
- 1.6.32 Improvements in Capella global performances
- 1.7 Capella 0.8.7
- 1.8 Capella 0.8.6
- 1.9 Capella 0.8.4
- 1.10 Capella 0.8.3
Capella 1.1.0 is based on:
- Eclipse 4.5.2 (Mars.2)
- Kitalpha 1.1.0
- Sirius 4.1.1
Migrate your Capella projects created with Capella 1.0.x to Capella 1.1.0.
Capella 1.1.0 documentation is available inside the workbench (Help menu). The documentation has been reviewed and updated.
It is also available for consultation on-line following this link
New diffmerge-based UI for display of transitions results and REC/RPL updates
Capella inner Transitions, addon subSystem Transitions and REC/RPL updates now use a diffmerge dialog to improve the merge readability.
To simplify the merge, an "Apply" button has been added to "blindly" merge all differences from candidate model to result model.
The transitions filters are now directly accessible from the diffmerge dialog
Update Connections from RECs to RPLs
Update Connections from RECs to RPLs
Support of concurrent Regions in Modes and States diagrams
Multiple Entry, DoActivity, Exit, Effects on State/Mode / Transitions
Enhance the reading of Capella diagram with gradient colors
The goal is to enhance the reading of Capella diagrams when they have some graphical elements with gradient colors starting from a blank background (Colors were too pale). For all kinds of Capella diagrams, it impacts only graphical elements with gradient colors:
- " Function " (green),
- " Operational Activity " (orange),
- " Operational Entity " and " Actor " (grey),
- " Component " and " Actor " (blue),
- " Node " (yellow),
- " Configuration item " (grey)
The blank background color which can lead to sometimes misunderstanding (for instance component types located in some blank background corner of gradient color component in PAB diagram) is replaced by a light related color (e.g. a light green for " Function "). But to keep a small gradient color (to ease the reading of graphical decomposition) and without modifying completely the original color contract, we have emphasized lightly the related dark color only for " Function ", " Node " and " Component ".
Enhance the reading of Capella scenario: labels and lifelines
To ease the reading of scenario and its labels (sequence message names ..), the color of lifelines will be changed from black to gray.
Diagram toolbar "Arrange Linked Border Nodes" renamed to be more explicit for users in "Arrange Connected Ports"
- Diagram palette tool "Arrange Linked Border Nodes" was renamed to "Arrange Connected Ports", more explicit naming.
Note: The tool arranges ports having connected edges to shorten distances. Don't forget to "unpin" the layout of these ports.
Diff/Merge UI enhanced for better end-user experience
Filtering: The new category mechanism illustrated above allows filtering out, and/or focussing on, certain differences or model elements. It is intended to ease the understanding of differences of interest and speed up the merge process. Similarly to what has been done with the Capella Transitions and the REC/RPL mechanism, it can be customised according to business needs, although only in a programmatic way for the moment.
Local history: The Diff/Merge UI now integrates with the local history of files. By default, Capella keeps a local history of every file in the workspace, independently of any version control system. It is limited in size but this limit can be modified or removed via the preferences (Preferences, General, Workspace, Local History). Thanks to this mechanism, whenever a mistake is made it is possible to roll it back; now it is also possible to visualize and roll back changes individually through the Diff/Merge UI.
Version Control Systems: The Diff/Merge UI now has the ability to interact with VCS clients embedded into Capella. Initial integration with Git and SVN exist: they are only available as technical Eclipse features for the moment, to be made available as Capella add-ons later.
Capella 1.1.0 support multiple screens
With Capella 1.1 based on Eclipse Mars, you can detach an editor outside Eclipse and work with it in other screen.
Behavior inconsistency for Diagram toolbar actions "Make height and width same size" & "Apply the appearance"
- The "Apply the appearance" action will consider the last selected element as base style, like "Make height and width same size". diagram element is chosen to be the reference
Ability to use mouse wheel click (middle click) to move in all directions (horizontally and vertically) of a diagram
- Go through large diagrams and move in all directions (horizontally and vertically), using mouse wheel click "Middle click", like key binding "Space + Mouse left click".
Alignment tools (Snap to Shape) is now available on Ports
The feedback easing alignment to other elements when moving an element is now available on ports and collapsed ports.
Reset to default filters
When there are some filters enabled by default (Class Diagram, Interface Diagram, Architecture Blank..), a new menu allows to restore to the initial list of selected filters.
Zoom centered according to the mouse position
The zoom is done on the point behind the mouse to zoom directly the element targeted.
Clickable area shall not be scaled with zoom factor to make small elements better clickable by using high zoom factors
When the style of the node produces a visual size equals or greater than 20px or when End User uses a high factor zoom, the selection box around a "port" shall be resized too to ease link selection when ports are too close.
User-friendly layout mode – moving ports when containers are positioned very close to each other
Enhance the diagram feature "layout mode" The goal of this feature is to restrict the moving of ports strictly to the border of the owning component, when containers are positioned very close to each other.
Labels of exchanges cannot be moved when clicking on the border (when the mouse icon changes to a cross)
The goal of this feature is to enable edge label motion after clicking on label and trying to move it when a cross appears.
Multi selection for graphical move of ports+exchanges
Snap back labels on edge selection
Although there is already a button to snap back a label to it original position on label selection, a new button "Snap Back Label(s)" on edge selection allows to snap back all labels (source, middle, target) of this edge at the same time.
Allow editing of note & text
Now you need only a slow double click to edit a note or a text, not three. It is consistent with all others graphical elements.
Format tools should be available on label selection
For edges format tools in Diagram toolbar (tabbar) are not available on label selection too, not only on edge selection.
Known limitation: when the edge more than one label (for instance labels of Class association, association and roles), the label format will be applied on all associated labels.
Add new Layout commands to set edges with connected ports vertical or horizontal
The goal of this feature is to assist user to set edge selection vertical or horizontal in order to help exchange layout. If the edge is connected to "ports", the "port" is moved too.
- Layout/Straighten/To top
- Layout/Straighten/To bottom
- Layout/Straighten/To left
- Layout/Straighten/To right
Extend the copy/paste layout in copy format, paste format/layout/style
Now when you copy the format of a graphical element, you can paste the layout, the style, or both (format). Note: When you quickly copy (Ctrl+C) a graphical element through a diagram and paste (Ctrl+V) it, style and layout are both pasted.
Now, Capella Copy/Paste from diagram copying model elements and trying to paste them into target diagram uses these Sirius enhancements. By default, default diagram Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) paste model and diagram element format. But now, other sub menus are available to paste only layout or style.
Diagram export and gradients
Now, diagrams using color gradients are correctly exported as images when you select an available Export As Image format.
It is a new preference added in Sirius > Sirius Diagram > Connections.
When you select an edge or a label, graphical link appears between them.
More friendly shortcut for "reset origin": Ctrl+HOME
Initial shortcut (Ctrl+&) for "reset origin" diagram feature was not an Eclipse valid shortcut (displayed "Ctrl+"). So it has been replaced by a more friendly one Ctrl+HOME.
Global Capella performance enhancement when refreshing diagrams
When diagram automatic refresh is enabled (by default on filesystem models), refresh time is divided by 2.
Includes following changes:
959 - "[Addons] Build.properties generated for addons is not consistent" 941 - "Fix feature version on 1.0.x" 1089 - "Regression with 1.0.1 some dependencies could disappear in some cases in [PD] Diagram" 1007 - "[BusinessQuery] NPE on GetAvailable_AbstractStateProperties" 937 - "config.ini is not in sync with the platform" 1172 - "Cannot save after model copy paste: The object ComponentFunctionalAllocation is not contained in a resource" 998 - "[Activity Explorer] Define Actor, Mission Capabilities diagram filter" 904 - "Need generation of EIE's Referenced Properties" 1156 - "The save action of Capella should use the Eclipse entry point StatusManager for all statuses to be reported in the user interface" 989 - "Capella shall support item label decorators" 993 - "Capella business queries extensibility" 1032 - "Diagram Copy/Paste on Component allocating Function or on Node deploying Component paste a useless relationship to target element" 1054 - "Allow StateMachines to be contained in different types of container -> transitions must work" 1072 - "Add missing plugins in top compare feature" 1136 - "Disable automatic refresh after a delete in a IS diagram" 1137 - "Perform a rename an Exchange Item Allocation rename also allocating Sequence Message" 1138 - "Add two validation rules to ensure ExchangeItemAllocation protocols consistency" 1151 - "Sequence message creation and NPE on invalid model" 910 - "Rules DWF_D_50 and DWF_D_51 raise error on Role instead of Association Role." 1008 - "Remove Reuse Mode/State tool from MSM diagrams and reactivate the tool Initialization from existing diagram" 964 - "Mode State Machine diagram" 966 - "Add dependency to org.polarsys.kitalpha.ad.integration.sirius plugin for test framework"
Includes all changes done on Capella 0.8.6. With in addition:
- 765 - Update documentation to new Sirius features
- 768 - [xAB] insert/remove Physical Link doesn't work and it causes xAB partial synchronization when it is synchronized with PC
- 773 - Remove suffix when creating diagram/scenario and remove duplicate prefix when creating scenario
- 776 - Fix insert/remove tools of Actor/Mission/Capabilities for all Capability/Mission diagrams
- 787 - Display Parent function on Parent Component with child allocating child Functions
- 852 - [Test] Add Association creation tool for Class Diagrams
- 853 - Constraint renaming of nameless constraint with owned specification set this as name
- 895 - Remove Advanced Automated Layout documentation
- 899 - Documentation: icons of diagram tools and validation rules problem
- 644 - Update doc to remove old tool name
- 646 - Update doc images to remove old proprietary entry
- 656 - NPE when deleting minCard/maxCard of a property
- 657 - It's impossible to reach values in libraries from classes/attributes
- 673 - Adding Pkg and problem of focus when adding the first inner element
- 674 - Enhance Set Progress Monitoring
- 676 - Add JUnit tests for the ActivityExplorer
- 677 - Move Up and Move Down action in Project explorer does not work with shortcut
- 681 - Add releng for Rcptt test
- 682 - Delete deprecated business queries tests
- 710 - Sort Content on Capella Explorer does not work in some cases AND add Sort Selection functionality
- 711 - Extend the Sort actions to support not only Capella elements but also other elements
- 712 - Update documentation for Sort Content and Sort Selection action
- 714 - Invalid URL for "Visit the Capella Forum" in Capella Welcome page
- 717 - Memory leak: Information view is not cleaned of refinement markers when session is closed
- 727 - Properties view on diagram element does not have focus on Semantic but Sirius element
- 733 - (Regression) Running a command through Activity Explorer on a project p1 deals with the second session opened p2
- 735 - getParent method was returning the melodymodeller instead of the aird
- 759 - Capella use a stable version of amalgam
- 764 - Merge all should Ignore semanticResources references when comparing two aird files
Capella 1.0.0 is based on:
- Eclipse 3.8.2
- Kitalpha 1.0
- Sirius 3.1.2
Migrate your Capella projects created with Capella 0.8.x to Capella 1.0.0.
Capella 1.0.0 documentation is available inside the workbench (Help menu).
Suffix management and renaming propagation
- Suffix on RPL is now kept on each RPL (M2)
- From Capella 0.8.x to 1.0.0, migration process deduces existing RPL suffixes, if possible
- Propagation of name on update is better handled when RPL suffix exists
Compliancy validation rule for RPL compared to its REC & vice versa
Validation rule to determine if an RPL needs to be updated
- From a REC, list all RPL to be updated + QuickFix
- From a RPL, check if it requires an update + QuickFix
Prevent mixing Mode/State
Mix Mode/State in hierarchies is not recommended
- Validation rule (DWF_SM_06) to detect Mode/State mixes + Quickfixes
- Mix Mode/State is prevented by default, see related preference
Activity Explorer (Overview)
Overview becomes "Activity Explorer" Open Source component (Amalgam)
- It can be customized via preferences to hide some Pages/Sections/activities
- Customizable by code
Libraries cycle check
A new configuration option to prevent cycle creation between libraries (Deactivated by default) & live management with acceptable performances
- New validation rule to check cycles and analysis wizard
Ability to rename elements in Node list diagram elements
Properties, Exchange Items and other elements can be renamed easily through diagrams (F2)
Color parent actor function
Parent functions where all leafs are allocated to actors are now displayed with blue color
Progress Statuses of diagrams
Progress statuses of diagrams are now displayed in the Monitoring Overview
Properties accelerator button for String Association/Type
Display value of property value
Value of "Property Value" is now displayed in Project Explorer
Display units on a property typed & Property information in Explorer
More detailed displaying (Unit...) of properties in project explorer and diagrams
Context of IS Scenario refinement and EI Communication Links
- At the SA level: communication between Actor and System via Exchange Item
- At the LA level: Communication link between Logical System and Exchange Item and Communication link delegated to sub-components
Refinement of Interface Scenario does not work with Communication Links
Now, IS refinement reflects the consumption of Exchange Item via Communication Link, and not only EI referenced by use/implement/provided/required Interface
Cannot distinguish seq message with Refinement ambiguity
From the Refinement ambiguity dialog, it is now possible to navigate to the ambiguous scenario/sequence message/component and analyze impacts
Logical Component Decomposition Wizard improvements
- Improvement on displaying Communication Links (symbol and name)
- Provided/Required interfaces can now be delegated to sub components
Consolidate model validation on Component and Data
- DWF_D_49 : Maximum Cardinality Of Key Parts Equals 1
In a class, when a property or an association role is part of key, value of maximum cardinality must be equal to one.
- DWF_D_50 : Maximum Cardinality Value Is Defined And Evals To Natural
In class property, association role and exchange item element, maximum cardinality value is defined and, unless abstract, evals to a value in [1, *[.
- DWF_D_51 : Minimum Cardinality Value Is Defined And Evals To Natural Or Zero
In class property, association role and exchange item element minimum cardinality value is defined and, unless abstract, evals to a natural or zero (i.e. integer belonging to [0, *[).
- DWF_D_52 : Type Of Default And Null Value For Property
For a property, type of the default (resp. null) value shall be Undefined (implicit typing) or the property’s datatype or a super type of the property’s datatype.
- DWF_D_53 : Property Or Role Overriding Is Not Allowed
A property/role in a class shall not have the same name as a property/role of a super-class.
- DWF_D_54 : Property Or Role Respects Covariance
If class K inherits class C, if property or association role is owned by C with type/class A and redefined in K with type/class B, then B inherits (or is equal to) A.
Resizing graphical node no longer move edges if not necessary
Arrange Linked Bordered nodes (edge/ports)
Have "arrange linked bordered nodes" action layout correctly edge/ports with rectilinear router
On tool creation specify the element selected (edition/D&D)
On tool creating edge+ports, only edge is selected and can now be directly renamed (F2) after creation & port D&D better handled
On tool creating breakdown, created element can be renamed (F2)
Label position on edge movement
After edge layout modification, label position is kept nearer to it
New edge+ports moving feature (Shortcut "F3")
With shortcut "F3" when moving an edge with its ports (multiple selection implemented later), it is possible to move edge and its ports around containers
Fix vertical edge creation
When feedback on edge creation is vertical, created edge could be oblique in 0.8.x
Alignment to inner elements (Shortcut "F4")
With shortcut "F4" when moving an element, it is now possible to align with inner elements and not only to external ones
Ability to hide border on a container element, especially useful when an image is displayed
New border line style for nodes and new font style for labels
Ability to update border line style (dot, dash, dash_dot) and new font style (underline, strikethrough)
Anchor on inner element border
Now the edges are linked closely to the images. You only need to use images with a transparent background (SVG images)
XHTML Model Output
Data Values, Complex Values & Contraints/ Opaque Expression are exported
- Integration of partial generation
- Improvement of clickable zones on generated diagram
- Improve algorithm to calculate clickable zones on generated diagram for big models
Transition System to SubSystem
- Transition of Functional Chain with multiple crossing:
Created functional chains are no longer invalid: A fake Functional Exchange is created between reentrant functions to describe the external path
- Transition of unnecessary elements:
During a multiphase transition, Functional exchanges inside an actor (those without direct contact with the sub-system) are not created in the target model
Improvements in Capella global performances
- Marker view performance in information view: transition has degraded performances
- The way transition log in the information view has been improved to take less time
- PAB/Performance - Show/Hide Component Exchanges
- Show/Hide algorithm has been refactored to improve performance
- References to close Sessions are kept in SemanticBrowser and DecoratorManager
- SemanticBrowser was keeping references to all closed sessions
- Image Decorator was keeping a reference to the last opened sessions
- CrossReferencer performance for model computation (Transition, ...)
- Inverse reference calculation algorithm was simplified
- 900 - ConcurrentModificationException occurs randomly during auto tests execution
- 1006 - Capella freezes when there is cycle with deployment links
- 1247 - Add Diagram fix in order to migrate old diagrams annotations
- 1299 - Reduce calls of EObject.eResource() in Capella
- 1302 - Reduce calls of getDiagramElementMapping() in Capella
- 1303 - Improve Get Mapping By Name accesses
- 1306 - Show/Hide of Function involving FE with Exchange Categories can lead to useless Edge creation
- 1308 - Add the option to only clean DAnnotations instead of migrate them
- 1309 - [PERFORMANCE]Switch Categories : Improve related exchanges computation
- 1310 - [Performance] Enhancement of Select All and Cut actions on diagram
Changes below include change done for Capella 0.8.5 (not officially delivered version).
- 798 - Update Capella version to 0.8.5
- 811 - Merge Test Suite job in Zip job
- 839 - Stack overflow on functional transition
- 856 - Drag-n-drop a component into a xAB impossible
- 868 - REC / RPL selection for update
- 873 - Semantic Browser / State Machine
- 876 - [DIAGRAM] In LAB, DnD of a LF from a LC to a LA changes color to black
- 877 - Modify Capella attachment handler to avoid possible elements that are not contained in a resource
- 884 - Refinement does not work with CDOResource in v0.8.x
- 675 - [LAB] Show/Hide component containing a function with category does not work
- 689 - Enhance Semantic Editing Domain extension possibilities
- 695 - Addition of review attribute in Progress Monitoring Overview
- 702 - Update splashscreens and version for future patch 0.8.4/1.0.1
- 706 - Add an element filter for Set Progress Monitoring
- 707 - Some Navigation QF are no more available due to fix #216
- 724 - NullPointerException : The constraint "org.polarsys.capella.core.data.interaction.validation.DWF_DS_21" is disabled. It will not be evaluated.
- 748 - Can't delete a link from constraint to PComponent in [PAB]
- 750 - [LAB] Allocation Management tool shall propose to allocate functions to child Logical component
- 752 - Remove 2 deprecated business queries PhysicalComp_ImplementedLCS and PhysicalNode_ImplementedLCS
- 753 - Remove references to metaclasses implementation
- 754 - Diagram tool tests are not run in Capella test suite job
- 755 - [SAB] Switch category tool does not work on category between 2 parent system functions
- 757 - Replace Acceleo expression by Java service for Hide Allocated Interactions filter
- 761 - Copyright is invalid
- Improved odesign for class diagram
- Integration of Diff Merge pattern 0.4.2
- Fixed missing Property type name for Association creation tool
- Cleared remaining references to the holding Resource in the model on refinement trigger
- Fixed cancel action when using "Pencil" tool
- Enhancement of Go To action for Instance Role to propose both part and type
- Fixed delegation of communications links in the refined scenario
- Fixed error on deletion of 2 ports on 2 different functions
- Fixed links in the target component on update of Communication Links
- Fixed missing Constant name for Drag and Drop tools in Mode and States Diagram
- Fixed Contextual menu issues on Semantic Browser