Kitalpha is built on a two-level architecture, which defines two categories of features.
Environment of development and execution of DSMs and MBSE Workbenches
- Implementation of the ISO/IEC 42010 standard for the description of system architecture.
- An integrated and pure DSL environment for accurate, safe, and fast development of DSMs and viewpoints.
CTK (Core Technology Kit)
The CTK provides Modeling Commonalities.
- Modeling tools
- Composer: a component for model-to-code generation which differentiates the logic of generation and the logic of organization and persistence in files.
- Transposer: a component for model transformation with the ability for instance to support incremental transformations and to develop model bridges.
- Pattern integration: an integration of the Pattern technique provided by EMF Diff/Merge.
- Accuracy: a component for model validation.
- Model Detachment: an extensible component to detach information from a model, such as viewpoints.
- Model Attachment: an extensible component to attach model parts to a model (two or three ways).
- Business Doc Gen: a framework for html documentation generation from a model. Kitalpha provides by a default an html export from an ecore model.
- Basic tools
- Resource Reuse: a component to retrieve a resource from a version number while managing the workspace / target platform priority.
- Reports: an extensible component to report messages by filter (e.g., Debug, Info, Warning, Error) and by concerns (e.g., splitting reports by non-functional concerns).
- eMDE: a component to support model extensibility.