The Maturity Assessment process had a slot at the EclipseCon Europe Unconference, on Monday 27th of October 2014.
The slides can be downloaded from SpeakerDeck:
Slides for the Quality Day talk have been uploaded to the EclipseCon web site.
Both sessions gathered around 20 (different) people each. They generally showed a deep interest for this work.
Here is a summary of the feedback.
- There is a new tool in Eclipse for licence checking in products. Can it be used?
- Security may be added to the product quality characteristics.
- Reviews are very important for the maturity of components, and should be added (both metrics and quality attributes).
- There should be a ecosystem attribute for documentation (for now documentation is only checked at the product level). It could be assessed through accessibility, quality, completeness, frequency of updates.
- There should be a "embed snippet in your web site" code so projects can show off their rating.
- Visualisation could be improved by adding colours for the scales.
- The marketplace should be accessed through a REST API.