- 1 Release Notes
- 1.1 Capella 1.2.1
- 1.2 Capella 1.2.0
- 1.2.1 Overview
- 1.2.2 Projects migration
- 1.2.3 Embedded documentation
- 1.2.4 New features
- 22.214.171.124 Usage monitoring support
- 126.96.36.199 Capella based on Eclipse Neon
- 188.8.131.52 Basic ergonomic enhancements for Linked Text of Opaque Expression (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
- 184.108.40.206 Unused Constraint are detected through a new Validation Rule I_36 (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
- 220.127.116.11 Ease the Constraint edition for Guards, Pre/Post condition, Exchange Context, Change Event, Time Event and Owned Specification (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
- 18.104.22.168 Provide a specific blue color for functions allocated to Actors (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
- 22.214.171.124 Project migration more explicit and better documented (back-ported to Capella 1.1.1)
- 126.96.36.199 Optimize DCON_01 Pattern Conformance check and provide quickfix to clean unreferenced patterns (back-ported to Capella 1.1.1)
- 188.8.131.52 New validation rule DCON_03 to detect invalid pattern instances and provide quickfix to clean them (back-ported to Capella 1.1.1)
- 184.108.40.206 New Validation Rule DCOM 21 – Unused Function Port Exchange Items (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
- 220.127.116.11 New Validation Rule DCOM 22 – Unsynchronized Function Port Exchange Items (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
- 18.104.22.168 New Validation Rule I 35 – Related Functional Exchanges must have identical names (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
- 22.214.171.124 New Validation Rule DWF_I 23 – Compare expected and actual Exchange Items on generated Interfaces (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
- 126.96.36.199 Propagate/Synchronize Exchange Items to Function Ports (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
- 188.8.131.52 Generate Interfaces from Allocated Functions (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
- 184.108.40.206 Integration of new Acceleo Query Language (AQL) to navigate and query an EMF model
- 220.127.116.11 Diagram palette tool ergonomic: merge insert Function and insert Actor Function tools
- 18.104.22.168 New information added in Semantic Browser for Capability Realization elements (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
- 22.214.171.124 Do not allow to modify Physical Component Nature through Properties to avoid model inconsistency
- 126.96.36.199 Enhance Capella diff merge matching policies to manage complex use cases
- 188.8.131.52 Computed simplified links between parent components
- 184.108.40.206 Provide Migration in command line for Capella filesystem models
- 220.127.116.11 (Prototype) Ability to transfer model elements from one project/library to another referenced library
- 18.104.22.168 Provide a read only capability on instantiate RPL
- 22.214.171.124 Straighten Edges Horizontally or Vertically enhancement
- 126.96.36.199 Usability of Straighten layout of edges
- 188.8.131.52 Remove "Bend-points" works on Rectilinear edges
- 184.108.40.206 Edge creation improvements
- 220.127.116.11 Do not automatically scroll or provide a way to select element without scrolling
- 18.104.22.168 Enhancement of the display of synchronization status on diagrams
- 22.214.171.124 It is possible to create an edge to the opposite side of a node
- 126.96.36.199 Ease the resize of fragments and inner Operands inside a Scenario
- 188.8.131.52 Perform Sirius Actions on Multi-Selected Set of Model Elements
- 184.108.40.206 Export as image with better resolution
- 220.127.116.11 Performance enhancement
- 18.104.22.168 Document enhancement
- 1.3 Capella 1.1.4
- 1.4 Capella 1.1.3
- 1.5 Capella 1.1.2
- 1.6 Capella 1.1.1
- 1.7 Capella 1.1.0
- 1.7.1 Overview
- 1.7.2 Projects migration
- 1.7.3 Embedded documentation
- 1.7.4 New features
- 22.214.171.124 New diffmerge-based UI for display of transitions results and REC/RPL updates
- 126.96.36.199 Update Connections from RECs to RPLs
- 188.8.131.52 Support of concurrent Regions in Modes and States diagrams
- 184.108.40.206 Multiple Entry, DoActivity, Exit, Effects on State/Mode / Transitions
- 220.127.116.11 Enhance the reading of Capella diagram with gradient colors
- 18.104.22.168 Enhance the reading of Capella scenario: labels and lifelines
- 22.214.171.124 Diagram toolbar "Arrange Linked Border Nodes" renamed to be more explicit for users in "Arrange Connected Ports"
- 126.96.36.199 Diff/Merge UI enhanced for better end-user experience
- 188.8.131.52 Capella 1.1.0 support multiple screens
- 184.108.40.206 Behavior inconsistency for Diagram toolbar actions "Make height and width same size" & "Apply the appearance"
- 220.127.116.11 Ability to use mouse wheel click (middle click) to move in all directions (horizontally and vertically) of a diagram
- 18.104.22.168 Alignment tools (Snap to Shape) is now available on Ports
- 22.214.171.124 Reset to default filters
- 126.96.36.199 Zoom centered according to the mouse position
- 188.8.131.52 Clickable area shall not be scaled with zoom factor to make small elements better clickable by using high zoom factors
- 184.108.40.206 User-friendly layout mode – moving ports when containers are positioned very close to each other
- 220.127.116.11 Labels of exchanges cannot be moved when clicking on the border (when the mouse icon changes to a cross)
- 18.104.22.168 Multi selection for graphical move of ports+exchanges
- 22.214.171.124 Snap back labels on edge selection
- 126.96.36.199 Allow editing of note & text
- 188.8.131.52 Format tools should be available on label selection
- 184.108.40.206 Add new Layout commands to set edges with connected ports vertical or horizontal
- 220.127.116.11 Extend the copy/paste layout in copy format, paste format/layout/style
- 18.104.22.168 Diagram export and gradients
- 22.214.171.124 Preference to show computed link between edges and its labels on edge selection or label selection
- 126.96.36.199 More friendly shortcut for "reset origin": Ctrl+HOME
- 188.8.131.52 Global Capella performance enhancement when refreshing diagrams
- 1.8 Capella 1.0.4
- 1.9 Capella 1.0.3
- 1.10 Capella 1.0.2
- 1.11 Capella 1.0.1
- 1.12 Capella 1.0.0
- 1.12.1 Overview
- 1.12.2 Projects migration
- 1.12.3 Embedded documentation
- 1.12.4 Suffix management and renaming propagation
- 1.12.5 Compliancy validation rule for RPL compared to its REC & vice versa
- 1.12.6 Prevent mixing Mode/State
- 1.12.7 Activity Explorer (Overview)
- 1.12.8 Libraries cycle check
- 1.12.9 Ability to rename elements in Node list diagram elements
- 1.12.10 Color parent actor function
- 1.12.11 Progress Statuses of diagrams
- 1.12.12 Accelerator button for String Association and Type
- 1.12.13 Display value of property value
- 1.12.14 Display units on a property typed & Property information in Explorer
- 1.12.15 Context of IS Scenario refinement and EI Communication Links
- 1.12.16 Refinement of Interface Scenario does not work with Communication Links
- 1.12.17 Cannot distinguish seq message with Refinement ambiguity
- 1.12.18 Logical Component Decomposition Wizard improvements
- 1.12.19 Consolidate model validation on Component and Data
- 1.12.20 Resizing enhancement
- 1.12.21 Arrange Linked Bordered nodes (edge/ports)
- 1.12.22 On tool creation specify the element selected (edition/D&D)
- 1.12.23 Label position on edge movement
- 1.12.24 New edge+ports moving feature (Shortcut "F3")
- 1.12.25 Fix vertical edge creation
- 1.12.26 Alignment to inner elements (Shortcut "F4")
- 1.12.27 Hidden border
- 1.12.28 New border line style for nodes and new font style for labels
- 1.12.29 Anchor on inner element border
- 1.12.30 XHTML Model Output
- 1.12.31 Transition System to SubSystem
- 1.12.32 Improvements in Capella global performances
- 1.13 Capella 0.8.7
- 1.14 Capella 0.8.6
- 1.15 Capella 0.8.4
- 1.16 Capella 0.8.3
- 2024 - Display Property values on diagrams
- 2085 - Richtext editors for descriptions
- 1780 - Create REC of entire project
- 1673 - Ability to move elements into a library
- 1801 - Ability to store RPL elements in specific packages
- 2041 - Ability to add multiple InstanceRoles for a single represented instance
- 1680 - Computed Simplified links between parent components
- 2034 - Simplify MetricAction#updateSelection(IStructuredSelection)
- 1278 - Better Capella Project Creation API
- 1604 - Move to Java 8 as minimum BREE on org.polarsys.capella.common
- 2020 - [M2] Add semantic annotation to InstanceRole, ConstraintDuration, StateFragment
- 2032 - Capella labelDecorator enhancements
- 1998 - Contribute IdHandler for DRepresentations
- 2006 - UID must be migrated to XMI:ID
- 2047 - Fix NPE on diagram refresh / migration
- 2044 - Information view messages logged during a model validation
- 1876 - Fix queries EPBS.allocatedPhysicalArchitecture and PA.allocatedLogicalArchitecture
- 2070 - Improve the compatibility check between the current platform and a model with its viewpoints
- 1947 - Replace deprecated scale preference by the new one
- 2011 - Prevent 1.2.0 session opening without migration
- 2037 - Performance issues on EObjectLabelProvider.getText
- 1917 - Enhance creation and display of Physical Paths
- 1918 - Transition on Components/Actors shall not transition the part if the component is already transitioned.
- 1933 - Diagram corrupted after Refresh All Sub Representations with Sirius refreshes disabled
- 1991 - The "Activate usage monitoring" option is not enabled by default
- 2028 - Switching selection to element B after editing description of element A
- 2045 - Rule DWF_D_42 raise error on some Capella model
- 1807 - [Flexi] Set property value only once in OptionRenderer
- 1810 - Order of RPL elements is random when creating RPL from REC
- 1850 - Elements for new REC should not be suffixed by default
- 1863 - Command Line (filepath) doesn't work on models having a space in the name
- 1868 - Typo in getEClass() for Collection_NullValue query
- 1870 - Cache results for BusinessQueriesProvider.getContribution
- 1871 - [Move Elements] Do not allow partial move of elements connected to exchange
- 1878 - Business Queries on Function Allocations should not remove current value(s) from available values
- 1904 - [Move Elements] Components and Parts should always move together across projects
- 1912 - Re-ordering of Exchange Items Does Not Work in Interface
- 1915 - Cannot select REC catalog if first selected element is a parent of system engineering
- 1996 - Validation Rule DWF_DS_20 on StateFragment returns a bad statement due to role assigned to lifelines
- 1843 - isRecElement/isRplElement properties in RePropertyTester do not work as expected
- 1845 - Rec creation wizard does not show suffixed elements when opened
- 1911 - Nebula Richtext is not displayed in IE compatibility mode
Capella 1.2.0 is based on:
- Eclipse 4.6.3 (Neon.3)
- Kitalpha 1.2.0
- Sirius 5.1.0
Migrate your Capella projects created with Capella 1.1.x to Capella 1.2.0.
Capella 1.2.0 documentation is available inside the workbench (Help menu). The documentation has been reviewed and updated.
Usage monitoring support
A new preference is available to activate a logger named "Usage Monitoring". This logger is aimed to track Capella usages (Project creation, ...). Information are kept in a log file named "Usage.log". The goal is to provide metrics (e.g. which features are used) and later, measure related performances. Only a short list of commands are tooled up in order to reduce performance impacts:
- Open Session
- Close Session
- Create Representation
- Open Representation
If this file reaches the size of 20 MB, another file is created. The maximum number of files is 30. If this limit is reached, the first file is destroyed. By default, these files are generated into the current workspace. This functionality is activated by default and can be deactivated via the dedicated preference page.
Capella based on Eclipse Neon
Capella 1.2. is based on a stable Eclipse Neon 4.6.3, embedding bug fixes, better performances and component upgrade (EMF...).
Have a look to Eclipse Neon What's New and Tips and Tricks at https://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2FwhatsNew%2Fplatform_whatsnew.html&cp=0_6
For instance, we can mention 2 nice ergonomic features available in Capella Project Explorer:
- From a copied Eclipse project named "MyProject", new pasted project is named "MyProject1" instead of "Copy of MyProject"
- Quick access to the location of your Eclipse project via its "Properties" dialog
Basic ergonomic enhancements for Linked Text of Opaque Expression (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
Linked Text editor is now editable. Users can use the key "Ctrl+Space" to add links to model elements
Unused Constraint are detected through a new Validation Rule I_36 (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
New validation rule (I_36) with related quickfix checks whether a Constraint isn't used in the model (constraining an element or used through Guard / Pre-Postcondition, context)
Ease the Constraint edition for Guards, Pre/Post condition, Exchange Context, Change Event, Time Event and Owned Specification (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
Constraint edition is facilitated, with Linked Text and Content Assist for:
- Pre/Post condition on scenario and Capability/Realization
- Exchange Context on Scenario
- Expression on Change Event and Time Event
- Owned Specification on Constraint
Provide a specific blue color for functions allocated to Actors (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
In Project Explorer, Semantic Browser and wizards, Functions directly allocated to Actors (i.e. Actor Functions) are now displayed in blue.
Project migration more explicit and better documented (back-ported to Capella 1.1.1)
To avoid migration mistakes, Capella migration documentation has been updated and only Project migration menu is available by default. Advanced migration menus (on model or diagram files) hare been masked by default. A new Migration category is available in Preferences: Capella > Commands Configurability > Commands
Optimize DCON_01 Pattern Conformance check and provide quickfix to clean unreferenced patterns (back-ported to Capella 1.1.1)
If there is no catalog at all or all catalogs are closed, the rule DCON_01 stops with the error message “No catalog found or all catalogs are closed”.
In case of pattern not being loaded, the rule DCON_01 proposes 2 quickfixes:
- The first one is a soft delete in which only pattern instances are deleted, instantiated pattern elements are kept.
- The second one is a hard delete in which both pattern instances and instantiated pattern elements are deleted.
New validation rule DCON_03 to detect invalid pattern instances and provide quickfix to clean them (back-ported to Capella 1.1.1)
Rule DCON_03 can detect dangling Pattern Instances whose references are missing. A quickfix is then provided to clean invalid pattern instances. Note that DCON_03 must be launched from the Capella Project element (hidden by default) which can be shown by checking Capella > Project Explorer > Project preference.
New Validation Rule DCOM 21 – Unused Function Port Exchange Items (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
This new rule triggers a warning when a Function Port conveys an Exchange Item which is not allocated to any connected Functional Exchange. A quickfix allows to remove those exchange items from the allocating port.
New Validation Rule DCOM 22 – Unsynchronized Function Port Exchange Items (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
This new rule generates a warning if i) outgoing Functional Exchanges from the same Function Port do not convey the same Exchange Items or ii) incoming Functional Exchanges to the same Function Port do not convey the same Exchange Items. The rule is by default disabled.
New Validation Rule I 35 – Related Functional Exchanges must have identical names (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
This new rule generates a warning for Functional Exchanges connected to the same Function Port and do not have identical names. The rule is by default disabled.
New Validation Rule DWF_I 23 – Compare expected and actual Exchange Items on generated Interfaces (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
This rule compares the expected and the actual exchange items on Interfaces that have been generated by the “Generate Interfaces from allocated Functions” modelling accelerator and proposes several quickfixes.
- In case of Exchange Item being present on the Interface but not on any Functional/Component Exchanges
- In case of Exchange Item being present on Functional/Component Exchanges but not on any generated Interfaces
Propagate/Synchronize Exchange Items to Function Ports (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
The old accelerator “Propagate Exchange Items to Function Ports” as been renamed to “Synchronize Exchange Items on Function Ports”. The new accelerator no longer deletes Exchange Item allocated to Function Ports. It is available when one or more Functions or Functional Exchanges are selected.
Generate Interfaces from Allocated Functions (back-ported to Capella 1.0.5)
The modelling accelerator “Generate Interfaces from Allocated Functions” has been completely reimplemented with the following changes:
- Internal Functional Exchanges are not considered when the accelerator is executed on a given component
- Component Ports are no longer generated. Component Ports must now exist prior to accelerator execution, and at least one of the following must hold:
- The accelerator optionally propagates Exchange Items to Function Ports and creates a Component Exchange between each unconnected Component Port pair. These options are set in the Capella preferences under Capella->Transitions/Generation
AQL is a language used to navigate and query an EMF model. It is advised to use it for diagram specification (odesign) for better performance, compared to legacy Acceleo 2 or Acceleo 3.
A new "Interpreter" View is available to query your model using AQL language (see AQL documentation, link available in Capella Help Content) and supporting legacy Acceleo 2.
Diagram palette tool ergonomic: merge insert Function and insert Actor Function tools
In XDFB diagram, the "insert Actor Functions" tool was removed and its behavior was merged with the "insert Functions" tool.
New information added in Semantic Browser for Capability Realization elements (back-ported to Capella 1.1.2)
From a Capability Realization, involved Actors and Components can be navigated:
From either a Logical Actor or a Logical Component, involving Capability Realizations can be navigated:
Do not allow to modify Physical Component Nature through Properties to avoid model inconsistency
Enhance Capella diff merge matching policies to manage complex use cases
Advanced matching policies have been added to Capella (e.g. based on name or structure, etc... instead of identifier). Additionally, a revamp of the GUI has been made in order to distinguish between simple predefined usages and advanced usages, and avoid exposing non-experts to the advanced features.
Each item in the GUI has an associated tooltip that provides some explanations
The Diff Merge editor has been enhanced, providing for instance the ability to reload ("Update ..." menu) a new comparison if models have changed.
The goal is to display computed exchanges that are defined between children components (deployment or breakdown).
On LAB and PAB diagrams, if a Component Exchange (CE) or a Physical Link (PL) has its target Component/Node hidden or removed from diagram, its target become the target parent and the edge is dashed.The target port is not displayed because it is not an actual port of the Component/Node.
Two new filters (disabled by default for new Diagrams created) are added in LAB and PAB to hide these "computed" exchanges :
- Hide Computed Component Exchanges
- Hide Computed Physical Links
Provide Migration in command line for Capella filesystem models
The command imports the model into the specified workspace and migrate the project inside. It is documented in Help Content > Capella Guide.
Example: <CapellaInstallationPath>/eclipse.exe -nosplash -application org.polarsys.capella.core.commandline.core -appid org.polarsys.capella.migration -import D:/Projects/EOLE_AF.zip -data <workspacePath>
(Prototype) Ability to transfer model elements from one project/library to another referenced library
A first prototype is available in order to get feedback. New fixes will be delivered in the next Capella 1.2.1. This capability has to be used with caution: you have to check the resulted source/target model/library. A new View "Move Elements View" located in "Capella (Incubation)" category provides the capability to transfer model elements from a project/library to a referenced library.
It detects illegal backreferences and check Capella Semantic Validation based on Business Queries (same as Properties "Browse") in order to avoid model inconsistency.
Provide a read only capability on instantiate RPL
Capella provides a validation rule for RPL with Blackbox compliance. If it is enabled, live validation will occur on all RPL which have the "Enfore RPL Compliance on the Fly" flag checked in its properties. If this live validation detects a violating change, the change is rolled back and an error dialog will open, indicating which changes were not in line with the current compliancy setting of the RPL.
Straighten Edges Horizontally or Vertically enhancement
Four additional contextual menus are added under "Layout > Straighten" for selection of one or more edges.
- "To Top" or "To bottom"
- "To left" or "To right"
- "To bottom" is disable because over lapping of ports are not possible
- "To top" is disable because not possible to straighten the edge in void space
Usability of Straighten layout of edges
The "Straighten To..." tool is now added directly in the toolbar of a diagram too, not only on right clicking (Layout/Straighten/...). It is now possible to select several exchanges (with or without ports) to align them and it applies the layout on all available edges, even if some cannot be modified. New capabilities to combine with other existing layouting features (Align, Distribute...):
- "Straighten\With left side pinned" and "Straighten\With right side pinned" for horizontal layouting
- "Straighten\With top side pinned" and "Straighten\With bottom side pinned" for vertical layouting
Remove "Bend-points" works on Rectilinear edges
Edge creation improvements
- Edge creation with ports are now snap correctly.
- When a new "Rectilinear" edge is created horizontal or vertical, it is correctly created horizontal or vertical, without useless rectilinear Bend-points.
Do not automatically scroll or provide a way to select element without scrolling
When diagram element is selected while it is partially displayed, there is no automatically scroll / focus on this element to display it completely.
Enhancement of the display of synchronization status on diagrams
- Diagram visualization:
A new Diagram decorator appear in the bottom right of the opened diagram to indicate if the diagram is Synchronized or not (decorator appearing dynamically and not printed). It is disabled by default in Capella: a new Sirius/Sirius Diagram preference ("Show Synchronization status decorator on diagram") is available.
- Perspective status bar Information:
It is possible to create an edge to the opposite side of a node
Ease the resize of fragments and inner Operands inside a Scenario
Inside a scenario, fragment resizing is now automatically done when:
* User selects and resizes the Message execution from the bottom * User selects and resizes the bottom of the lower Operand side (inside this fragment) * User selects and resizes the top of the upper Operand side (inside this fragment).
Perform Sirius Actions on Multi-Selected Set of Model Elements
- "Show Label" and "Hide Label work with a subset of diagram elements which can perform this feature (e.g. edge, edge label etc..).
- Line Styles (Tree Routing Style, Oblique Routing Style and Rectilinear Routing Style) work with a subset of diagram elements with edges.
Export as image with better resolution
Provides auto-scaling (i.e. better resolution when exporting image from Sirius).
Due to performance issue, this functionality is not enabled by default in Capella 1.2.0. However, a new Sirius preference is available: Sirius/Sirius Diagram preference ("Auto-scale when exporting as image") to activate it. You can also enable auto-scaling by default in order to have smart exported documents, through an eclipse.ini customization.
- The first launch of Capella is much quicker in Capella 1.2.0 thanks to the fix about plugin resolution algorithm in Eclipse Neon
- Global Capella performance enhancement when refreshing diagrams: refresh time is divided by 2
- Class Diagram performance enhancement when inserting/removing data or assigning a type to a property
- New preferences not to expand trees in Transfer viewer Dialogs and to reduce label computation time
- Avoid unnecessary refresh operations when executing tools & optimize refresh operations: more than 30% of gain on diagram modification
- Session opening is faster (opening time almost dived by 2)
- Existing logs MDEReport.html or CapellaCommandLineLog.html are now disabled by default to avoid non mandatory logs
- Cross Referencer/eAdapter optimization to make massive modifications/navigation faster
- Provide quick access to capella help content from the Welcome page
- Provide a way to extract and print all Capella subtopics and section hyperlinks. To extract all sub chapters, select each Eclipse Help book and click on button "Print Select Topic and its Subtopics"
- Capella embedded documentation is enriched with:
- Tips and Tricks
- Capella developer Guides
- Release Notes
- Kitalpha Guides
1978 - Close session doesn't log errors like Save action 1950 - Cancel of a transition doesn't do all expected cleanup on the session 1932 - Error on transition from LC to PC with EnumerationPropertyTypes 1975 - Error while Fix Diagram Annotations when aird contains invalid diagrams
Includes following changes:
1655 - Capella doc has a very big image size which causes a bad extraction.print (big size) and Validation Rules are not well formed 1767 - Create.Update REC: when a exchange is added without ports, instanciation breaks the REC 1693 - Some elements are not displayed correctly in "Properties" view, "Expert" tab 1789 - Add summary
Includes following changes:
1592 - "Change icons for Actor Functions in every place (Project Explorer, Property Views, ...)" 1694 - "Precise the qualified name of the Component class in odesign" 1631 - "Startup doesn't ask for workspace anymore" 1674 - "Drag and Drop of elements doesn't work anymore" 1686 - "New elements doesn't appear in project explorer" 1609 - "NPE raised while using any inconsistent third party command line application"
Includes following changes:
1549 - "Set Capella shortcuts by default when there are shortcut conflicts" 1512 - "Can't delete Operational Activity with a diagram inside" 1482 - "Add a section for root external contributions" 1497 - "Some enhancements for the rule DCON_01" 1498 - "Uncheck file log in MDEReport preference by default" 1423 - "Add ValueGroups for Integer and Real attributes" 1422 - "Extends CapellaNavigatorLabelProvider to supply a description for EObject also" 1364 - "Move to test framework some common classes" 1362 - "Prevent creation of unnecessary packages" 1366 - "DCOM_20 can be disabled with an invalid exchange" 1361 - "Improve Error Messages on Transition" 1335 - "Rename plugin org.polarsys.capella.core.re.updateconnections.tests" 1320 - "On MSM diagram, it is impossible to start/end a transition on entry/do/exit activities"
Capella 1.1.0 is based on:
- Eclipse 4.5.2 (Mars.2)
- Kitalpha 1.1.0
- Sirius 4.1.1
Migrate your Capella projects created with Capella 1.0.x to Capella 1.1.0.
Capella 1.1.0 documentation is available inside the workbench (Help menu). The documentation has been reviewed and updated.
It is also available for consultation on-line following this link
New diffmerge-based UI for display of transitions results and REC/RPL updates
Capella inner Transitions, addon subSystem Transitions and REC/RPL updates now use a diffmerge dialog to improve the merge readability.
To simplify the merge, an "Apply" button has been added to "blindly" merge all differences from candidate model to result model.
The transitions filters are now directly accessible from the diffmerge dialog
Update Connections from RECs to RPLs
Update Connections from RECs to RPLs
Support of concurrent Regions in Modes and States diagrams
Multiple Entry, DoActivity, Exit, Effects on State/Mode / Transitions
Enhance the reading of Capella diagram with gradient colors
The goal is to enhance the reading of Capella diagrams when they have some graphical elements with gradient colors starting from a blank background (Colors were too pale). For all kinds of Capella diagrams, it impacts only graphical elements with gradient colors:
- " Function " (green),
- " Operational Activity " (orange),
- " Operational Entity " and " Actor " (grey),
- " Component " and " Actor " (blue),
- " Node " (yellow),
- " Configuration item " (grey)
The blank background color which can lead to sometimes misunderstanding (for instance component types located in some blank background corner of gradient color component in PAB diagram) is replaced by a light related color (e.g. a light green for " Function "). But to keep a small gradient color (to ease the reading of graphical decomposition) and without modifying completely the original color contract, we have emphasized lightly the related dark color only for " Function ", " Node " and " Component ".
Enhance the reading of Capella scenario: labels and lifelines
To ease the reading of scenario and its labels (sequence message names ..), the color of lifelines will be changed from black to gray.
Diagram toolbar "Arrange Linked Border Nodes" renamed to be more explicit for users in "Arrange Connected Ports"
- Diagram palette tool "Arrange Linked Border Nodes" was renamed to "Arrange Connected Ports", more explicit naming.
Note: The tool arranges ports having connected edges to shorten distances. Don't forget to "unpin" the layout of these ports.
Diff/Merge UI enhanced for better end-user experience
Filtering: The new category mechanism illustrated above allows filtering out, and/or focussing on, certain differences or model elements. It is intended to ease the understanding of differences of interest and speed up the merge process. Similarly to what has been done with the Capella Transitions and the REC/RPL mechanism, it can be customised according to business needs, although only in a programmatic way for the moment.
Local history: The Diff/Merge UI now integrates with the local history of files. By default, Capella keeps a local history of every file in the workspace, independently of any version control system. It is limited in size but this limit can be modified or removed via the preferences (Preferences, General, Workspace, Local History). Thanks to this mechanism, whenever a mistake is made it is possible to roll it back; now it is also possible to visualize and roll back changes individually through the Diff/Merge UI.
Version Control Systems: The Diff/Merge UI now has the ability to interact with VCS clients embedded into Capella. Initial integration with Git and SVN exist: they are only available as technical Eclipse features for the moment, to be made available as Capella add-ons later.
Capella 1.1.0 support multiple screens
With Capella 1.1 based on Eclipse Mars, you can detach an editor outside Eclipse and work with it in other screen.
Behavior inconsistency for Diagram toolbar actions "Make height and width same size" & "Apply the appearance"
- The "Apply the appearance" action will consider the last selected element as base style, like "Make height and width same size". diagram element is chosen to be the reference
Ability to use mouse wheel click (middle click) to move in all directions (horizontally and vertically) of a diagram
- Go through large diagrams and move in all directions (horizontally and vertically), using mouse wheel click "Middle click", like key binding "Space + Mouse left click".
Alignment tools (Snap to Shape) is now available on Ports
The feedback easing alignment to other elements when moving an element is now available on ports and collapsed ports.
Reset to default filters
When there are some filters enabled by default (Class Diagram, Interface Diagram, Architecture Blank..), a new menu allows to restore to the initial list of selected filters.
Zoom centered according to the mouse position
The zoom is done on the point behind the mouse to zoom directly the element targeted.
Clickable area shall not be scaled with zoom factor to make small elements better clickable by using high zoom factors
When the style of the node produces a visual size equals or greater than 20px or when End User uses a high factor zoom, the selection box around a "port" shall be resized too to ease link selection when ports are too close.
User-friendly layout mode – moving ports when containers are positioned very close to each other
Enhance the diagram feature "layout mode" The goal of this feature is to restrict the moving of ports strictly to the border of the owning component, when containers are positioned very close to each other.
Labels of exchanges cannot be moved when clicking on the border (when the mouse icon changes to a cross)
The goal of this feature is to enable edge label motion after clicking on label and trying to move it when a cross appears.
Multi selection for graphical move of ports+exchanges
Snap back labels on edge selection
Although there is already a button to snap back a label to it original position on label selection, a new button "Snap Back Label(s)" on edge selection allows to snap back all labels (source, middle, target) of this edge at the same time.
Allow editing of note & text
Now you need only a slow double click to edit a note or a text, not three. It is consistent with all others graphical elements.
Format tools should be available on label selection
For edges format tools in Diagram toolbar (tabbar) are not available on label selection too, not only on edge selection.
Known limitation: when the edge more than one label (for instance labels of Class association, association and roles), the label format will be applied on all associated labels.
Add new Layout commands to set edges with connected ports vertical or horizontal
The goal of this feature is to assist user to set edge selection vertical or horizontal in order to help exchange layout. If the edge is connected to "ports", the "port" is moved too.
- Layout/Straighten/To top
- Layout/Straighten/To bottom
- Layout/Straighten/To left
- Layout/Straighten/To right
Extend the copy/paste layout in copy format, paste format/layout/style
Now when you copy the format of a graphical element, you can paste the layout, the style, or both (format). Note: When you quickly copy (Ctrl+C) a graphical element through a diagram and paste (Ctrl+V) it, style and layout are both pasted.
Now, Capella Copy/Paste from diagram copying model elements and trying to paste them into target diagram uses these Sirius enhancements. By default, default diagram Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) paste model and diagram element format. But now, other sub menus are available to paste only layout or style.
Diagram export and gradients
Now, diagrams using color gradients are correctly exported as images when you select an available Export As Image format.
It is a new preference added in Sirius > Sirius Diagram > Connections.
When you select an edge or a label, graphical link appears between them.
More friendly shortcut for "reset origin": Ctrl+HOME
Initial shortcut (Ctrl+&) for "reset origin" diagram feature was not an Eclipse valid shortcut (displayed "Ctrl+"). So it has been replaced by a more friendly one Ctrl+HOME.
Global Capella performance enhancement when refreshing diagrams
When diagram automatic refresh is enabled (by default on filesystem models), refresh time is divided by 2.
Includes following changes:
1543 - "[Transition] With Capella 0.8 Transition Events and related Constraints are not transitioned" 1489 - "FE does not appear with "Insert/Remove Functional Exchanges" functionnality" 1467 - "Add Capella Developer Manual" 1487 - "Hide Elements (FE) on synchronized diagram, FE reappears when assigned in a category, even not displayed" 1452 - "Backport changes from ValidationRuleTestCase to 1.0.x" 1164 - "AbstractStructuredRepresentationField should check type before reflective access" 994 - "Prevent from adding a null editing domain listener in SemanticEditingDomainFactory"
Includes following changes:
959 - "[Addons] Build.properties generated for addons is not consistent" 941 - "Fix feature version on 1.0.x" 1089 - "Regression with 1.0.1 some dependencies could disappear in some cases in [PD] Diagram" 1007 - "[BusinessQuery] NPE on GetAvailable_AbstractStateProperties" 937 - "config.ini is not in sync with the platform" 1172 - "Cannot save after model copy paste: The object ComponentFunctionalAllocation is not contained in a resource" 998 - "[Activity Explorer] Define Actor, Mission Capabilities diagram filter" 904 - "Need generation of EIE's Referenced Properties" 1156 - "The save action of Capella should use the Eclipse entry point StatusManager for all statuses to be reported in the user interface" 989 - "Capella shall support item label decorators" 993 - "Capella business queries extensibility" 1032 - "Diagram Copy/Paste on Component allocating Function or on Node deploying Component paste a useless relationship to target element" 1054 - "Allow StateMachines to be contained in different types of container -> transitions must work" 1072 - "Add missing plugins in top compare feature" 1136 - "Disable automatic refresh after a delete in a IS diagram" 1137 - "Perform a rename an Exchange Item Allocation rename also allocating Sequence Message" 1138 - "Add two validation rules to ensure ExchangeItemAllocation protocols consistency" 1151 - "Sequence message creation and NPE on invalid model" 910 - "Rules DWF_D_50 and DWF_D_51 raise error on Role instead of Association Role." 1008 - "Remove Reuse Mode/State tool from MSM diagrams and reactivate the tool Initialization from existing diagram" 964 - "Mode State Machine diagram" 966 - "Add dependency to org.polarsys.kitalpha.ad.integration.sirius plugin for test framework"
Includes all changes done on Capella 0.8.6. With in addition:
- 765 - Update documentation to new Sirius features
- 768 - [xAB] insert/remove Physical Link doesn't work and it causes xAB partial synchronization when it is synchronized with PC
- 773 - Remove suffix when creating diagram/scenario and remove duplicate prefix when creating scenario
- 776 - Fix insert/remove tools of Actor/Mission/Capabilities for all Capability/Mission diagrams
- 787 - Display Parent function on Parent Component with child allocating child Functions
- 852 - [Test] Add Association creation tool for Class Diagrams
- 853 - Constraint renaming of nameless constraint with owned specification set this as name
- 895 - Remove Advanced Automated Layout documentation
- 899 - Documentation: icons of diagram tools and validation rules problem
- 644 - Update doc to remove old tool name
- 646 - Update doc images to remove old proprietary entry
- 656 - NPE when deleting minCard/maxCard of a property
- 657 - It's impossible to reach values in libraries from classes/attributes
- 673 - Adding Pkg and problem of focus when adding the first inner element
- 674 - Enhance Set Progress Monitoring
- 676 - Add JUnit tests for the ActivityExplorer
- 677 - Move Up and Move Down action in Project explorer does not work with shortcut
- 681 - Add releng for Rcptt test
- 682 - Delete deprecated business queries tests
- 710 - Sort Content on Capella Explorer does not work in some cases AND add Sort Selection functionality
- 711 - Extend the Sort actions to support not only Capella elements but also other elements
- 712 - Update documentation for Sort Content and Sort Selection action
- 714 - Invalid URL for "Visit the Capella Forum" in Capella Welcome page
- 717 - Memory leak: Information view is not cleaned of refinement markers when session is closed
- 727 - Properties view on diagram element does not have focus on Semantic but Sirius element
- 733 - (Regression) Running a command through Activity Explorer on a project p1 deals with the second session opened p2
- 735 - getParent method was returning the melodymodeller instead of the aird
- 759 - Capella use a stable version of amalgam
- 764 - Merge all should Ignore semanticResources references when comparing two aird files
Capella 1.0.0 is based on:
- Eclipse 3.8.2
- Kitalpha 1.0
- Sirius 3.1.2
Migrate your Capella projects created with Capella 0.8.x to Capella 1.0.0.
Capella 1.0.0 documentation is available inside the workbench (Help menu).
Suffix management and renaming propagation
- Suffix on RPL is now kept on each RPL (M2)
- From Capella 0.8.x to 1.0.0, migration process deduces existing RPL suffixes, if possible
- Propagation of name on update is better handled when RPL suffix exists
Compliancy validation rule for RPL compared to its REC & vice versa
Validation rule to determine if an RPL needs to be updated
- From a REC, list all RPL to be updated + QuickFix
- From a RPL, check if it requires an update + QuickFix
Prevent mixing Mode/State
Mix Mode/State in hierarchies is not recommended
- Validation rule (DWF_SM_06) to detect Mode/State mixes + Quickfixes
- Mix Mode/State is prevented by default, see related preference
Activity Explorer (Overview)
Overview becomes "Activity Explorer" Open Source component (Amalgam)
- It can be customized via preferences to hide some Pages/Sections/activities
- Customizable by code
Libraries cycle check
A new configuration option to prevent cycle creation between libraries (Deactivated by default) & live management with acceptable performances
- New validation rule to check cycles and analysis wizard
Ability to rename elements in Node list diagram elements
Properties, Exchange Items and other elements can be renamed easily through diagrams (F2)
Color parent actor function
Parent functions where all leafs are allocated to actors are now displayed with blue color
Progress Statuses of diagrams
Progress statuses of diagrams are now displayed in the Monitoring Overview
Properties accelerator button for String Association/Type
Display value of property value
Value of "Property Value" is now displayed in Project Explorer
Display units on a property typed & Property information in Explorer
More detailed displaying (Unit...) of properties in project explorer and diagrams
Context of IS Scenario refinement and EI Communication Links
- At the SA level: communication between Actor and System via Exchange Item
- At the LA level: Communication link between Logical System and Exchange Item and Communication link delegated to sub-components
Refinement of Interface Scenario does not work with Communication Links
Now, IS refinement reflects the consumption of Exchange Item via Communication Link, and not only EI referenced by use/implement/provided/required Interface
Cannot distinguish seq message with Refinement ambiguity
From the Refinement ambiguity dialog, it is now possible to navigate to the ambiguous scenario/sequence message/component and analyze impacts
Logical Component Decomposition Wizard improvements
- Improvement on displaying Communication Links (symbol and name)
- Provided/Required interfaces can now be delegated to sub components
Consolidate model validation on Component and Data
- DWF_D_49 : Maximum Cardinality Of Key Parts Equals 1
In a class, when a property or an association role is part of key, value of maximum cardinality must be equal to one.
- DWF_D_50 : Maximum Cardinality Value Is Defined And Evals To Natural
In class property, association role and exchange item element, maximum cardinality value is defined and, unless abstract, evals to a value in [1, *[.
- DWF_D_51 : Minimum Cardinality Value Is Defined And Evals To Natural Or Zero
In class property, association role and exchange item element minimum cardinality value is defined and, unless abstract, evals to a natural or zero (i.e. integer belonging to [0, *[).
- DWF_D_52 : Type Of Default And Null Value For Property
For a property, type of the default (resp. null) value shall be Undefined (implicit typing) or the property’s datatype or a super type of the property’s datatype.
- DWF_D_53 : Property Or Role Overriding Is Not Allowed
A property/role in a class shall not have the same name as a property/role of a super-class.
- DWF_D_54 : Property Or Role Respects Covariance
If class K inherits class C, if property or association role is owned by C with type/class A and redefined in K with type/class B, then B inherits (or is equal to) A.
Resizing graphical node no longer move edges if not necessary
Arrange Linked Bordered nodes (edge/ports)
Have "arrange linked bordered nodes" action layout correctly edge/ports with rectilinear router
On tool creation specify the element selected (edition/D&D)
On tool creating edge+ports, only edge is selected and can now be directly renamed (F2) after creation & port D&D better handled
On tool creating breakdown, created element can be renamed (F2)
Label position on edge movement
After edge layout modification, label position is kept nearer to it
New edge+ports moving feature (Shortcut "F3")
With shortcut "F3" when moving an edge with its ports (multiple selection implemented later), it is possible to move edge and its ports around containers
Fix vertical edge creation
When feedback on edge creation is vertical, created edge could be oblique in 0.8.x
Alignment to inner elements (Shortcut "F4")
With shortcut "F4" when moving an element, it is now possible to align with inner elements and not only to external ones
Ability to hide border on a container element, especially useful when an image is displayed
New border line style for nodes and new font style for labels
Ability to update border line style (dot, dash, dash_dot) and new font style (underline, strikethrough)
Anchor on inner element border
Now the edges are linked closely to the images. You only need to use images with a transparent background (SVG images)
XHTML Model Output
Data Values, Complex Values & Contraints/ Opaque Expression are exported
- Integration of partial generation
- Improvement of clickable zones on generated diagram
- Improve algorithm to calculate clickable zones on generated diagram for big models
Transition System to SubSystem
- Transition of Functional Chain with multiple crossing:
Created functional chains are no longer invalid: A fake Functional Exchange is created between reentrant functions to describe the external path
- Transition of unnecessary elements:
During a multiphase transition, Functional exchanges inside an actor (those without direct contact with the sub-system) are not created in the target model
Improvements in Capella global performances
- Marker view performance in information view: transition has degraded performances
- The way transition log in the information view has been improved to take less time
- PAB/Performance - Show/Hide Component Exchanges
- Show/Hide algorithm has been refactored to improve performance
- References to close Sessions are kept in SemanticBrowser and DecoratorManager
- SemanticBrowser was keeping references to all closed sessions
- Image Decorator was keeping a reference to the last opened sessions
- CrossReferencer performance for model computation (Transition, ...)
- Inverse reference calculation algorithm was simplified
- 900 - ConcurrentModificationException occurs randomly during auto tests execution
- 1006 - Capella freezes when there is cycle with deployment links
- 1247 - Add Diagram fix in order to migrate old diagrams annotations
- 1299 - Reduce calls of EObject.eResource() in Capella
- 1302 - Reduce calls of getDiagramElementMapping() in Capella
- 1303 - Improve Get Mapping By Name accesses
- 1306 - Show/Hide of Function involving FE with Exchange Categories can lead to useless Edge creation
- 1308 - Add the option to only clean DAnnotations instead of migrate them
- 1309 - [PERFORMANCE]Switch Categories : Improve related exchanges computation
- 1310 - [Performance] Enhancement of Select All and Cut actions on diagram
Changes below include change done for Capella 0.8.5 (not officially delivered version).
- 798 - Update Capella version to 0.8.5
- 811 - Merge Test Suite job in Zip job
- 839 - Stack overflow on functional transition
- 856 - Drag-n-drop a component into a xAB impossible
- 868 - REC / RPL selection for update
- 873 - Semantic Browser / State Machine
- 876 - [DIAGRAM] In LAB, DnD of a LF from a LC to a LA changes color to black
- 877 - Modify Capella attachment handler to avoid possible elements that are not contained in a resource
- 884 - Refinement does not work with CDOResource in v0.8.x
- 675 - [LAB] Show/Hide component containing a function with category does not work
- 689 - Enhance Semantic Editing Domain extension possibilities
- 695 - Addition of review attribute in Progress Monitoring Overview
- 702 - Update splashscreens and version for future patch 0.8.4/1.0.1
- 706 - Add an element filter for Set Progress Monitoring
- 707 - Some Navigation QF are no more available due to fix #216
- 724 - NullPointerException : The constraint "org.polarsys.capella.core.data.interaction.validation.DWF_DS_21" is disabled. It will not be evaluated.
- 748 - Can't delete a link from constraint to PComponent in [PAB]
- 750 - [LAB] Allocation Management tool shall propose to allocate functions to child Logical component
- 752 - Remove 2 deprecated business queries PhysicalComp_ImplementedLCS and PhysicalNode_ImplementedLCS
- 753 - Remove references to metaclasses implementation
- 754 - Diagram tool tests are not run in Capella test suite job
- 755 - [SAB] Switch category tool does not work on category between 2 parent system functions
- 757 - Replace Acceleo expression by Java service for Hide Allocated Interactions filter
- 761 - Copyright is invalid
- Improved odesign for class diagram
- Integration of Diff Merge pattern 0.4.2
- Fixed missing Property type name for Association creation tool
- Cleared remaining references to the holding Resource in the model on refinement trigger
- Fixed cancel action when using "Pencil" tool
- Enhancement of Go To action for Instance Role to propose both part and type
- Fixed delegation of communications links in the refined scenario
- Fixed error on deletion of 2 ports on 2 different functions
- Fixed links in the target component on update of Communication Links
- Fixed missing Constant name for Drag and Drop tools in Mode and States Diagram
- Fixed Contextual menu issues on Semantic Browser